I am new to Essential Oils and new to DoTerra and overwhelmed with all the information out there. I am enjoying learning all about the oils and how to use them, plus so surprised by some of what I am learning.
First, essential oils are not new! They have been used by many cultures around the world for centuries.
DoTerra means “Gift of the Earth” and prides itself on being ethically sourced pure oils of high quality. Each oil that you buy from DoTerra comes with a batch number and can be looked up to see the testing that it underwent before being approved for sale, click here to check it out. They also have expiration dates on the bottom of the oils, but I would be surprised if you don’t run out well before it expires we sure do!
AROMATICALY– through a diffuser or just breathing in the scent
- Helps to manage mood (can enhance mood, calm, energize, help with anxiety or depression)
- Eminimates germs in the air (ask me about on Guard)
- Help to open air passages
- Makes your house smell great!
TOPICALLY- meaning on the skin, usually heavily diluted in a carrier oil (see dilution charts below)
- One drop of oil can service every cell of your body
- When applied to the bottoms of your feet oil hits the blood stream within 30 seconds (then just cover with socks)
- When in doubt just apply to your problem area (ex. Tummy issues rub a little Digestzen on your tummy!)
INTERNALLY- specific oils can be taken internally, a drop in your water, in a gel capsule or under the tongue
- This is great for digestive tract, chronic disease and liver
- Use only CPTG (the therapeutic Grade oils)
- NOT suggested for kids
To learn more about how to use the essential oils these ways check out doTerras page.
DoTerra oils are very potent, and for the most part safe for use with kids when heavily diluted. As a rule of thumb 6 years and under needs very little essential oil to carrier oil ratio. Childrens skin are thinner and therefore more sensitive, plus we always want to think proportion to body size (the bigger the body the more oil or in this case the smaller the body less oil). This is a handy chart to help with dilution.
I hope this gives you a little information on Essential OIls and has you interested, I would love to hear from you! So please CONTACT ME with any questions or thoughts you have about oils. I would love to host a class for you and your friends so you can get started using these oils with your family and friends!